The listed builders are known to Suffolk Building Control Group and are regular customers who have correctly followed the regulatory process in the past. This list does not extend to an 'approved', 'recommended' or 'registered' level.
Please note: We have no financial or contractual links with the listed companies. It is up to the customer to ensure that suitable contracts and/or regulatory approvals are in place before works commence on site.
View list of Builders in Suffolk
Useful tips when choosing builders:
- Get personal recommendations from friends and neighbours
- Get a quotation from more than one builder
- Decide exactly what you want before asking for a quote
- Ask the builder for references from other clients
- Don't be hurried into a decision
- Agree payment terms
- Avoid paying the total amount up front (we recommend you avoid paying the total amount up front if possible, however your builder may require stage payments depending on the length of the contract and amount of work involved)
- Consider using a building contract which sets out precise arrangements for the work to be done and what is expected from you and your builder
Further reading from LABC
How to avoid cowboy builders (and how LABC can help)